Set the User Data Directory and Other Workspace Settings
You can set the user data directory and other workspace settings that control how Reflection behaves when documents or workspaces are closed, whether Help is accessed locally or remotely, startup macros, UI preferences, and other options.
These workspace settings can be deployed only to a single user. To apply them to more than one user on a computer, you will need to install them separately for each user.
To set the user data directory and other options
- On a workstation on which you have installed Reflection, open the Attachmate Customization Tool from a desktop shortcut (if you set up a shortcut) or from a command line as follows:
- In the Select Customization dialog box, select Create a new Companion installer, and then click OK.
- On the navigation pane, click Specify install locations.
- Under Installation type, select Installs only for the user who installs it.
- On the navigation pane, click Modify User Settings.
- In the Make changes to user settings... panel, under Application - Settings, select Reflection 2011-Workspace Settings and then click Define.
- In the Settings-Reflection Workspace Settings dialog box, under Workspace Settings, click Configure Workspace Settings.
- To set the user data directory, Under Directories, in the Default user data directory box, enter the path for the directory. (This directory will be automatically added as a trusted location on each workstation.)
- Set other workspace settings you want to change and click OK.
The Application.settings file is automatically set to deploy to the following directory:
Note: The name of the last folder in this directory is specific to the version of Reflection. For Version R1, this folder is R2011. For subsequent versions, it is R2011_version. (The R2011_R2 folder name is specific to Version R2.)
- Save the companion file and deploy it to users along with the Reflection installation or separately, as follows:
To add the Companion Installer to your Installation
To deploy the Companion Installer Package Independently