Receive Data from an AS/400
Note: If the transfer is one you'll be performing regularly, you can save your transfer settings in a transfer request file.
To receive data from an AS/400
- Start Reflection and log on to the host computer as usual.
- On the Session ribbon, from the Transfer group, click File Transfer.
- Click the Settings button, and configure the file transfer settings.
- From the AS/400, Options, and Translation tabs, specify the way you want Reflection to handle AS/400 transfers.
- Click OK.
- From the Transfer dialog box, under Host, specify the host file from which to receive data using one of the following techniques:
- (Optional) To configure an SQL query, click Settings and from the SQL tab, build your query.
Field information about the host file you selected becomes available when you select this tab.
- From the Transfer dialog box, specify a local destination for the data.
To send data to
Specify a filename under Local.
If you don't specify a filename, Reflection uses the host filename.
A display window
Click Settings, and then from the Options tab, set Output to to Display.
Click Settings, and then from the Options tab, set Output to to Spreadsheet.
Data is saved to a .DIF file.
- To initiate a file transfer, do one of the following:
- Click a Transfer button to move the file in the indicated direction.
- Drag the source file, and then drop it on the desired destination file.