Create a 5250 Printer Session
Reflection 5250 printer sessions emulate IBM 3812 printers. Data sent from the host to the printer session is passed on to the local printer.
To create a 5250 printer session from the Reflection Workspace
- From the Quick Access toolbar, click the New Document button.
- Select 5250 Printer and click Create.
- In the Enter Host Name or IP Address dialog box, type a host name or IP address, and click Connect to connect immediately, or Cancel to configure more than just the host name.
To create a 5250 printer session from the Windows Start menu
- From the Windows Start menu, choose All Programs > Attachmate Reflection > Reflection IBM Printer.
Printer sessions created this way use 3270 printer emulation by default.
Use the following steps to change to a 5250 printer session.
- Click Cancel to close the Enter Host Name or IP Address dialog box.
- From the Connection menu, choose Session Setup.
- Under Session, from the Type list, choose IBM 5250 Printer.
- For Host Name/IP Address, enter the fully qualified host name.
- Click Connect to connect immediately, or click OK to configure additional settings.