Deploy Reflection with a Transform
If you have created a transform to customize how Reflection is installed, you will need to deploy the transform with the primary installation. Transforms can be used with any install started with setup.exe or with command-line installs (used by many deployment tools). The installer can only apply transforms during an installation.
Note: Running Setup.exe from the command line will automatically use the correct language transform and apply any necessary prerequisites (for example, installing Microsoft .NET Framework or uninstalling an older version of EXTRA! or Reflection).
To deploy Reflection and a transform with the Attachmate Installation Program
To automatically deploy the transform with the Attachmate Installation Program
- From a command line, open the Attachmate Customization Tool:
- Select Open an existing Setup customization file or Companion installer, and then click OK.
- In the Open dialog box, browse to the location you selected when you created your transform file, and select the transform (.mst) file.
- From the User interface panel, select Use this customization with interactive installs using setup.exe.
When you save your transform with this option selected, Attachmate Customization Tool automatically updates the SETUP.INI file to apply your transform to the Reflection installation by adding the following line to the [Setup] section in the SETUP.INI file:
- From the File menu, click Save. (If Save is grayed out, click Exit and you will be prompted to save the file.)
The transform can now be deployed to end users via the Attachmate Installation Program (Setup.exe). (Users can run Setup.exe or the Setup.exe file can be called from a script or initiated from a command line.)
To deploy Reflection and a transform directly with MSI