Install the Application Programmer Interface (API)
You can install the Reflection .NET Application Programmer Interface (API) with Reflection, or you can install it separately.
Both options install the API class library assembly files, the Help reference, and a guide that contains sample programs and tutorials. You can view the Help in Reflection from the Help menu, or within the Visual Studio Help.
- To make sure that the API class library assembly files are integrated with Microsoft Visual Studio, confirm that Visual Studio is installed before you install the Reflection .NET API.
- The .NET Application Programmer Interface (API) is required only for local development of programs that use the Reflection .NET API. You do not need to install this API to run custom programs that use it. These custom programs can run on any installation of Reflection, unless the workspace is configured to disable the API. (See Set Up API and Macro Security )
To install the API with Reflection
- Run the Reflection installer.
- On the Feature Selection tab, expand Reflection Workspace, and then expand Emulation.
- Click the down arrow to the left of Application Programmer Interface and select the following:
Feature will be installed on local hard drive
- Click Continue, and then complete the installation.
To install the API separately
- From the Programmer folder, double-click the Setup.exe file.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the API in the default location.