Share Sessions as Templates
Session documents contain references to the following settings (all of which can be customized): host, ribbon, theme, keyboard map, and mouse map.
After you configure a session document, you can share and reuse your settings by saving the document as a template. Templates provide an untitled copy of the original, giving you a quick and easy way to create pre-configured documents, while ensuring that your original file remains unchanged.
Reflection includes several templates in the Create New Document dialog box. When you create a template, as long as you save it to the Templates folder (the default location), it is added to this dialog box under User Defined.
To share a session document
- Open the session document that you've configured.
- From the Reflection button, choose Save As > Save Template.
- Name the template file with an .rsft extension, and then save the template to the Templates folder.
- Move the template file from the Templates folder on your computer to either a shared location or to the Templates folder on a computer that has Reflection installed.
Note: If you copy the template file to a location other that the Templates folder, make sure it's a trusted location or Reflection won't open it.
The Templates folder is in the following location:
- Windows XP:
Documents and Settings/user/Application Data/Attachmate/Reflection/Workspace/R[number]
- Windows Vista:
- To make changes to the template, you must replace the template file save the file that contains your changes using the same filename and extension as the template.