Create a Custom Spell Check Dictionary
To increase the usefulness of the spell check feature, it helps to create a custom spell check dictionary, and add words to it that may be specific to your business or industry that are not included in the main dictionary. When you use spell check, both the main dictionary and your custom dictionary will be used.
- This feature is not available with VT sessions.
- Spell check is not supported for Japanese.
- The spell check dictionaries are not used to correct spelling as you type. Instead, that feature uses a separate file of commonly misspelled words.
To create a custom spell check dictionary
- On the Tools ribbon, from the Tools group, click Spell Check.
- In the Custom Dictionary File field, type the path and filename that you want for your custom dictionary file.
The filename must have an extension (we recommend .tlx).
- Click OK.
The file is created for you.
To add items to your custom spell check dictionary
- On a host screen, right-click an item marked as misspelled that you want to add to your dictionary.
- From the list that appears, choose Add to Dictionary.