Automatically Enable Serial Device-to-host Communications
You can enable serial device-to-host communications when you want a bidirectional device on a serial port (such as a printer or bar-code reader) to be able to send information to a host via Reflection. Most hosts automatically initiate serial device-to-host communications (via the Csi?9i control function).
To enable serial device-to-host communications automatically
- Open a VT terminal session.
- Click the Tools ribbon.
- From the Logging group, click the Logging Settings launcher:
- Under Log output to, select Serial device, and then click Configure.
The Configure Serial Device Port dialog box appears.
- From the Port list, select the port to which your serial device is connected.
If necessary, change the other settings for the serial connection to your device.
The Configure button from the Terminal Setup Advanced Options dialog box is equivalent to Configure button from the Logging dialog box. You can use the button from either dialog box to configure your serial device port.
- Click OK.
- If the host application needs to send data to the serial device, from the Logging dialog box, clear the Printer check box. (You can omit this step if data flows only from the serial device to the host.)
- Click OK.