Transfer Files between Two Remote Sites
You can use the FTP Client to drag files between two remote sites.
To transfer files between two remote sites
- Connect to your first server site.
- From the Connection menu, click Connect to a second site.
The server pane will display files and folders for both sites.
- Use the drag-and-drop method to transfer files directly from one server to another.
- If the transfer type is Binary and both connections are configured without security features in place (such as use of a proxy server, Kerberos, Secure Shell, port forwarding, or sftp) the data is transferred directly over the data channel between the two sites.
- If there is a secure connection to either server, or the transfer type is not Binary, the client downloads the file to a temporary location on your PC and then uploads it to the other site. The temporary file is deleted after the transfer is complete.