Add a Menu that Holds Buttons
Use the Gallery control to add a menu of options to the Ribbon.
Note: To add a button that performs an action in addition to opening a menu, use the Split Button control.
To add a gallery
- Open the UI Designer.
- From the Design View pane, from the Ribbon simulation, select the tab and group to which you want to add the control.
To select a group, click the group name. Create a new group, if needed.
- From the Insert Controls pane, click Gallery.
- From the Subitems Collection Editor dialog box, click Add, and then select Button.
- Repeat the previous step to add as many buttons as you want to appear in the menu.
- With a button selected in the list, set the action and other properties.
- When you have finished adding and configuring buttons, click OK.
The Subitems Collection Editor dialog box closes.
- Specify the appearance of the gallery by doing one of the following:
- Select Change settings, and then type the label, tooltip, and description you want.
- Click Select Action, and then select an action from which to use the label, tooltip, and description.
- Click OK.