Add a Button with an Action and a Menu
A split button includes a functional button and a menu. Split buttons look like galleries except that they perform an action in addition to opening a menu. For an example of a split button, see the Screen History control when clicked, the button opens an option pane and the menu shows a history of recorded screens.
To add a split button
- Open the UI Designer.
- From the Design View pane, from the Ribbon simulation, select the tab and group to which you want to add the control.
To select a group, click the group name. Create a new group, if needed.
- From the Insert Controls pane, click Split Button.
- From the Subitems Collection Editor dialog box, click Add, and then select Button.
- Repeat the previous step to add as many buttons as you want to appear in the menu.
- With a button selected in the list, set the action and other properties.
- When you have finished adding and configuring buttons, click OK.
The Subitems Collection Editor dialog box closes.
- From the Settings pane, set the action and other properties for the new split button that appears on the Ribbon.
- Click OK.