Manually Enable Serial Device-to-host Communications
Although most hosts automatically initiate serial device-to-host communications (via the Csi?9i control function), if you are using a host application that does not, you may also need to manually enable serial device-to-host communications.
To enable serial device-to-host communications manually
- Open a VT terminal session.
- From the Quick Access Toolbar, click the Document Settings button.
- Under Terminal Configuration, click Select Terminal Type.
- Under Terminal Settings, click Terminal Setup.
- Click the Advanced button.
- Select the Serial device to host check box.
The Configure button from the Terminal Setup Advanced Options dialog box is equivalent to Configure button from the Logging dialog box. You can use the button from either dialog box to configure your serial device port.
- Click OK.