Install from the Command Line
You can use the Attachmate Setup wizard command line to install Reflection from the distribution (or CD) image, or from an administrative installation image. You can also include command-line options in a batch file to preset installation parameters, and limit user interaction while Reflection is installing. You can even suppress installation dialog boxes to provide an unattended installation.
In addition, you can use command-line options to prepare Reflection for installation by users. In general, any of the MSI command-line options can be used from the Attachmate Setup wizard command line.
To install from the command line
- At the command prompt or Start menu Run command, change to the directory in which the setup.exe file resides, and do one of the following:
- To create an administrative installation image, type:
setup.exe /install /admin TARGETDIR=path
where path is the path to the administrative installation image on the server.
- To install to a workstation with typical settings, type:
setup.exe /install INSTALLDIR=path
where path is the path to the installation directory (INSTALLDIR=path is optional).
Note: To view a list of the command-line options for customizing installations, change to the directory in which the setup.exe file resides and enter:
To install directly with MSI
- At the command prompt or Start menu Run command, change to the directory in which the msi file resides and enter:
msiexec.exe /i installation_file_name.msi
- If you install Reflection directly from MSI, make sure that the prerequisite Microsoft .NET Framework Runtime v. 3.0 software is installed on your users' workstations before you install Reflection. If MSI does not find this prerequisite software, it will not complete the installation.
- Running setup.exe removes previous versions of Reflection. This is a required step. Therefore, if an administrator deploys the Reflection .msi file directly, he or she must first uninstall Reflection manually. For more information, see Technical Note 2218.