Create a New Terminal Session
To access a host, you need to open a session on that host. In Reflection, you can create a session document that allows you to configure and reuse your session. Start by clicking the Reflection button.
To create a new terminal session
- From the Reflection button, choose New.
- From the Create New Document dialog box, select a session template.
- In the Compatibility drop-down box, select the set of default settings you want to use for this session, if any.
The compatibility settings include keyboard maps and themes similar to those of other emulation products. The default Reflection compatibility setting is optimized for this product.
- Click Create.
- In the Host Name/IP Address field, type a name or address.
Note: Both IPv4 addresses (in the form 127.0.0.1) and IPv6 addresses (in the form 2001:0db8:3c4d:0015:0000:0000:abcd:ef12) are accepted.
- Change other settings if necessary, and then click OK.
- From the Reflection button, choose Save As to save the session document.