Authenticate to the Host
After you configure the Reflection Kerberos client, you can authenticate to the host.
Note: If the Challenge/Response dialog box opens during authentication, your KDC host requires hardware pre-authentication. Hardware pre-authentication involves a physical token, typically the size of a credit card with a touchpad and LCD display, which generates random passwords. Use your pre-authentication hardware token to enter the correct response, and then click OK.
To authenticate using Kerberos Manager
- To start Kerberos Manager, choose Start > All Programs or Programs > Attachmate Reflection > Utilities > Kerberos Manager.
- Click the tab corresponding with the principal profile you want to use for authentication.
If the principal profile you want to use is hidden, you must open it.
- Click the Authenticate button.
- Modify the ticket features, if desired, and then click OK to continue.
- Type the password, and then click OK.
If authentication is successful, a ticket-granting ticket appears in the Kerberos Manager main window. If authentication is not successful, Kerberos Manager returns an error.
To authenticate using a kerberized application
- Configure the kerberized application to use Kerberos security.
When you connect to the host, you are prompted for your Kerberos password.
- Type the correct password, and then click OK.
If authentication was successful, the host prompt appears and a key or padlock icon may appear on the status bar. If the authentication was not successful, an error message appears.