Assign and Publish with Active Directory
You can assign and publish your product installation using Microsoft Active Directory.
Note: Before you start, make sure that:
- Windows Administrative Tools are installed on your workstation.
- You are a member of Domain Admins and Group Policy Creators and Owners (required to publish software).
For more information, see "Active Directory groups" in the Microsoft Management Console help.
To install with Active Directory
- On the desktop, double-click the Active Directory shortcut.
The Active Directory User and Computers Console opens.
- Advertise your product installation to members of any organizational units in your Active Directory using appropriate transform modifications.
- If multiple transforms are specified, make sure the listed order of the transforms is correct, and then click OK. (If you need to change the order for any reason after you click OK, you will have to start over again.)
Note: For more information about assigning and publishing, see "assigning applications" and "publishing applications" in the Microsoft Management Console help.