Filter the Server File Listing
Using a file filter allows you to view a subset of the files on the server. You can specify a default file filter or a temporary file filter. If the server directories contain a lot of files, specifying a default filter provides a way to speed up retrieval and display of directory listings.
This feature is not available for SFTP connections.
To specify a default file filter for a server
- Open the Site properties dialog box and click the Directories tab.
- Use File View Filter to define a default view filter for all server directory listings for that site. The specification must use wildcard characters that are recognized by the type of server running at the site.
To apply a temporary file filter
- On the View menu, click Filter.
- In the Server View Filter dialog box, type a view filter specification (for example *.txt). The specification must use wildcard characters that are recognized by the type of server running at the site.
- If you are connected to two servers in the same session, the View menu Filter command applies to both servers. To apply a filter to only one server, right-click in the display pane for that server, and select Filter from the context menu.
- When a view filter is in effect, the filter is shown in the title bar of the server pane.
- To request a listing of all files in the folder: on the View menu, click Filter. In the Server View Filter dialog box, type * (asterisk).