Add a New Site to your Connection List
Use the Connect to FTP Site dialog box to add new sites to your connection list. This dialog box opens automatically when you launch the client. You can also open it using Connection > Connect.
To add a new FTP or SFTP site to your connection list
- Open the Connect to FTP Site dialog box.
- Click New to start the Add FTP Site Wizard.
- Enter the host name or IP address of the FTP (or SFTP) server and click Next.
- Specify whether to log in with a user name or using an anonymous login. (Anonymous logins are not allowed for SFTP connections.)
- (Optional) To configure additional site properties, click Advanced in the Login Information panel.
Note: You can also modify these settings later. To do this select the site in the Connect to FTP Site dialog box and click Properties.
- (Optional) To configure a secure connection, click Security in the Login Information panel.
Note: You can also modify the security configuration later. To do this select the site in the Connect to FTP Site dialog box and click Security.
- If you are configuring a connection for a registered user, you'll see the FTP User Login panel. Enter your user name. You can also enter a password if you want this saved. Passwords are saved in encrypted form in the settings file.
- In the Connect panel, enter a descriptive name for this site. This name is used in the Connect to FTP Site dialog box.
- Specify whether you want to connect to the site now and click Finish.
- On the File menu click Save to save this change to the current settings file.