Configure SSL/TLS (FTP Client)
Note: SSL/TLS connections use digital certificates for authentication. Depending on how your certificate was issued and the way your host is configured, you may need to install a host and/or personal certificate before you can connect using SSL/TLS.
To configure a secure SSL/TLS connection in the FTP Client
- Start the FTP Client.
- In the Connect to FTP Site dialog box, click an FTP server.
- Click Security.
- In the Security Properties dialog box, open the SSL/TLS tab and click Use SSL/TLS Security.
- (Optional) Use Encryption strength to specify the minimum allowable level of encryption for SSL/TLS connections. The connection fails if this level cannot be provided. If you select Default, any encryption level is permitted, and Reflection negotiates with the host system to choose the strongest encryption level supported by both the host and the PC.
- (Optional) Click Configure PKI.
- The PKI Configuration dialog box opens, from which you can manage the digital certificates used for authentication.
- Click OK to close the open dialog boxes.