Forward FTP communications
Use this procedure to encrypt FTP protocol communications (including the FTP command channel and all data channels) using Secure Shell port forwarding. By using port forwarding, you can make secure connections to FTP servers and have access to the full range of FTP options and commands, including some that are not available with SFTP connections.
Note: To enable forwarding of the data channel(s), the FTP Client must be configured to communicate in passive (PASV) mode (the default).
To forward FTP communications
- Open the FTP Client.
- From the Connect to FTP Site dialog box, click New.
- In the Add FTP Site dialog box, enter the name or IP address of your FTP server host.
- In the Login Information dialog box, select User and click Security.
- Click the Secure Shell tab and configure the following:
- Select Use Reflection Secure Shell.
- Select Tunnel FTP using port forwarding
- This step is required only if your Secure Shell server is on a different host than the FTP server.
- Click OK to close the Security Properties dialog box and click Next.
- In the FTP User Login dialog box, enter your user name on the FTP server and click Next.
- Click Finish.
Note: You will need to authenticate to both the Secure Shell server and the FTP server.