Connect Using Kerberos
Kerberos is a protocol that uses a trusted third party to enable secure communications over a TCP/IP network. The protocol uses encrypted tickets rather than plain-text passwords for secure network authentication.
Note: Kerberos connections are available for VT terminal sessions.
To configure a secure terminal session using Kerberos
- From the Quick Access toolbar, click the New Document button.
- From the Create New Document dialog box, select a session template and click Create.
- In the Host Name/IP Address field, type a name or address.
- Select Configure additional settings, and then click OK.
- Under Host Connection, click Set Up Connection Security.
- From the Security Properties dialog box, click the Kerberos tab, and select Reflection Kerberos.
Note: Unless your PC has a Kerberos Manager configuration file installed, you'll see the Reflection Kerberos Initial Configuration dialog box the first time you use Reflection Kerberos. You must specify default Kerberos settings in this dialog box before you can make a connection.
- (Optional) Configure any additional Kerberos options that you want to use for this connection.
- Click OK to close the open dialog boxes and return to the workspace.