What's New in NetWizard
This version of NetWizard includes some exciting new features and enhancements to existing features.
New Supported Environments
- Windows Server 2003 is now supported for central and branch managers.
- Windows NT is no longer supported for central or branch manager installations. It is still supported for NetWizard agents.
Updated Central Manager Installation
- The new MSI installer for the central manager provides a simplified installation process and an updated look and feel.
- A new %[ProgramFilesDir] variable represents the location of your Windows Program Files directory. By default, both managers and agents are now installed to subdirectories at this location.
New Generic Agent
- The agent installation and configuration files have been separated to allow the use of a single set of installation files for multiple managers.
- Administrators can automate the selection of a NetWizard manager during agent installation, or allow the user to select from a list of agent configurations at install time.
Remote Installation Wizard
- NetWizard includes a new wizard for remotely installing NetWizard agents on client computers running Windows 2000, Windows XP, or Windows Server 2003.
- Using this new feature, administrators can either run the installation from a network location, or copy and run the installation on each client computer.
Copy Agent Configuration Utility
- NetWizard includes a new utility for copying existing agent configurations to be installed for use with different managers.
- If you use this utility, you can create a new agent configuration based on an existing configuration, changing only the manager to which it reports.
Updated User Interface
- The NetWizard window has an updated look and feel, with new tabs that simplify switching between views.
- A new Reports view has been added as the default view, with several reports available immediately upon installation.
- The Directory view now has a Windows Explorer-like look and feel.
You can show, hide, and resize the columns, and you can drag-and-drop between the Directory view in the manager and another location on your Windows desktop.
- The Branch Navigator is no longer required to view and interact with branch manager logical trees from the central manager.
- The Node Wizard dialog box has a new tabbed interface and the Build Install Media dialog box has been updated.
New Reporting Capabilities
- NetWizard reports provide a new alternative for viewing details about nodes in your NetWizard logical tree, including distributions, inventory, and metering details. You can view, print, and export the information presented.
- NetWizard includes several reports, which are available from the Reports view in the NetWizard manager window.
- You can use Crystal Reports Designer to create additional NetWizard reports.
- NetWizard also includes Crystal Reports Server, which can be used to publish NetWizard reports to the Web.