Installing a Package on a Server Cluster
You can use the package installer to remotely install an MCS-compatible application or service on managed servers. If you work in a clustered environment, you'll need to remove your servers from the cluster before installing with the package installer, and then recreate your cluster later. You can add and remove servers from a cluster through the MCS console under Services | Server Management | Cluster Management.
If you install components of MCS when you initially install MCS on a server, all components are installed as part of the installation process. If you install components later, you must copy the necessary files (an XML install descriptor and a JAR file) to the mcs/installscripts directory on the primary server in your cluster, and then use the package installer user interface to copy and install the components on all servers in the cluster.
|To install a package (application or service) on a server cluster
- In the MCS left pane, point to Services and then click Server Management.
- Under Server Management, click Package Installer.
The Package Installation page appears in the MCS right pane.
- In the Clusters list, select the name of the cluster on which you want to install the package.
When you click the cluster name, the servers that belong to that cluster appear in the Servers list.
- In the Products list, select the application or service that you want to install.
||If you're installing a product in which the installed version must maintain a specific directory structure, it is important to install the packages in parent directories first. You should observe the structure of an installed version before you attempt an installation using the package installer because the resulting directory structure is not evident in the package installer user interface.
- Click Install to perform the installation.
Click Uninstall to remove the application or service from the selected cluster.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 as needed to install additional packages on the selected cluster.
For details on this page, click Help in the upper-right corner of the page.