Configuring a New Trace
Using Management & Control Services (MCS), you can configure traces to record a log of component (product) tasks or activities.
|To configure a new trace
- In the MCS left pane, point to Services and then click Tracing.
- Under Tracing, click Configure Traces.
The Configure Traces page appears in the MCS right pane.
- Click New.
- On the New Trace dialog box, select a component (product) and the cluster and/or machine on which to trace the component, and then click OK.
||To display the Machine list for specifying a specific computer within a cluster, select Show machines in cluster, below the Cluster list.
The new trace appears in the Configured Traces list, with the Style list box displayed.
- From the Style list box, select either Component or End-to-End to specify the type of trace to perform.
A Component trace will trace activities (tasks) for the selected component only, while an End-to-End trace will follow activities (tasks) across successive components. For more information on trace styles, see Events and Tracing, Overview.
- Repeat steps 35 as needed to configure additional traces.
- When you are finished configuring new traces, click Save to save any new trace configurations.
For details on any of the options on this page, click Help in the upper-right corner of the page.