Creating and Assigning Event Views
If you have rights to manage views, you can create user's views. A view is like a permanent filter. When a user is assigned to a view, the View Events page is automatically displayed to that user with the specified view applied. Any filters that they create are applied in addition to the view that they've been assigned.
|To create a view and assign it to users
- In the MCS left pane under Services, click Events.
- Under Events, click View Events.
- In the View Events page, choose the New/Edit Filter button from the toolbar.
- In the Filters dialog box, click the Views tab.
- To create a new view, click New.
To assign a previously saved view, select a view from the drop-down list of views.
- If you're creating a new view, in the New dialog box, type a Name for the view.
You can base the new view on an existing filter or view.
- Select options on the Basic, More Choices, and Date pages to specify included events, just as you would when creating a filter.
On the More Choices page, the key for each item you add under Specific Attributes must map exactly to information that is logged by an MCS-managed product, as displayed in the Event Details - Specific page.
- Under Assigned Users/Groups, click Add to select users and groups to assign to the view.
If you assign a user to more than one view, only the first detected view will be applied.
- To test the view, click Preview.
The Filters dialog box is closed and the view is applied to the View Events page. To remove the view, select another option from the Filters drop-down list or reselect the Filters button.
For details on any of the options on these pages, click Help.