Configuring Event Options
System administrators can configure the event system to automatically clear and create backup files of the event log, filter unwanted event information before it is stored in the event log or displayed in the View Events page, and change the number of events displayed at any one time.
|To configure event logging options in MCS
- In the MCS left pane under Services, click Events.
- Under Events, click View Events.
- From the View Events page toolbar, click the Configure button.
This button is available only to system administrators with the right to manage the event system. For information about rights management, see Assigning Rights to use Administration Features.
- On the Properties page, change the page size if desired.
The page size defines the number of events that are displayed at one time on the View Events page. Reducing the page size can reduce consumption of system resources used by MCS for displaying events; however, searching applies only to the current page. To display found items on a different page, you must use the page down button on the scroll bar to navigate to that page and then repeat the desired action.
- On the Backup and Delete pages, select options for clearing and backing up the event log. For more information, see Clearing the Event Log.
||Backup options are available only in the enterprise version of MCS.
- On the Incoming Filter page, define a filter to automatically filter unwanted events before they are added to the event log. Events that match the selected criteria never become part of the event log.
- To save your changes and close the Configure Event System dialog box, click OK.
For details on any of the options on these pages, click the Help button on the displayed page.