Configuring the Directory Service
You can add new users and groups to the MCS directory, or specify that MCS use another directory service to manage MCS users and groups.
||If you change the directory service type or reconfigure the server address, you will lose all assignments of configurations to users and groups and all user and group permissions, including rights to configure the MCS server. Make sure that you assign rights to configure the server to an administrator in the new directory service before you restart the server; otherwise, you will no longer have access to configure and manage MCS. (There is, however, a superuser, "System," with a password specified when MCS is installed. This user always has access, and can configure the server and assign rights.)
|To configure the directory service for an MCS server or server cluster
- In the MCS left pane, point to Services and then click Security.
- Under Security, click Directory Services.
The Directory Services page appears in the MCS right pane.
- From the Directory Type list box, select the directory service that you want to use for managing MCS users and groups.
- If you select LDAPv3 Directory, Windows NT (NTDS), or NIS, click Configure to access the configuration settings for that directory service.
||If you select MCS Directory, there are no required user-configurable options and the server address is a fixed value. Your next step is to add users and groups to the MCS directory.
- In the Properties of Directory_type dialog box, configure the properties for the directory service as needed.
For details on the Properties of Directory_type dialog box, click Help.
- Click OK to close the Properties of Directory_type dialog box.
The server address you specified for the directory service appears on the Directory Services page.
- Click Save to activate your directory service settings.