Adding a Server to a Cluster
You can add an MCS server to an existing cluster during installation. Alternatively, if you ever need to manually add a server to an existing MCS server cluster, you can do so using the following procedure.
||All servers in a cluster must have the same MCS management components installed. If you're adding a server to a cluster during installation, make sure that you install all the necessary components. If you want to add a server to a cluster later, make sure that you install all the necessary components on the server before you add the server to the cluster.
|To manually add a server to an MCS server cluster
- In the MCS left pane, point to Services and then click Server Management.
- Under Server Management, click Cluster Management.
The Cluster Management pages appear in the MCS right pane.
- Click the Add Server tab.
The Add Server page appears.
- In the Cluster Name list, select the name of the cluster to which you want to add the server.
When you click the cluster name, the servers that belong to that cluster appear in the Server Name list.
- Enter the host name and port number of the server you are adding.
- Click Add to save the server information and add the server to the selected cluster.
For details on this page, click Help in the upper-right corner of the page.
- Restart the new server.