Setting Authentication for Connecting Through MCS
The following procedure describes how to specify the level of security required to connect through MCS.
|To set the authentication type for accessing MCS
- In the MCS left pane, point to Services and then click Security.
- Under Security, click Authentication.
- In the Authentication page, select MCS in the list of Authentication nodes.
- Under Authentication Settings, select Define Settings for This Node.
- Under Authentication Type, select either Client Certificate or Username/Password or Client Certificate Only.
|If you select
||Client Certificate or Username/Password
||MCS requests a client certificate; if it doesn't receive one, it authenticates the client using the user name/password. This option allows for a gradual migration from user name/password to client certificates.
|Client Certificate Only
||MCS requests the client certificate, which is validated against the certificate authority as well as the directory service used by MCS.
- To use hardware authentication, click Gather Hardware.
To use hardware authentication, users' computers must be registered under Hardware Management.
For details on any of the options on the Authentication page, click Help in the upper-right corner of the window.
- Click Save to activate your settings.