Getting and Installing a Server Site Certificate
You must obtain your server certificate from a certificate authority (CA), such as Thawte or VeriSign, or use a private CA, such as Windows 2000 Server Certificate Services.
While waiting for your server certificate, you can use the demonstration certificate included with MCS.
|To get and install a server certificate
- Create a certificate request for a server certificate and submit the request to a certificate authority (CA).
- When you receive your server certificate, copy the files to an accessible location.
- In the MCS left pane, point to Services, and then click Security.
- Under Security, click Security Services.
The Security Services General page appears in the right pane of the MCS window.
- In the Security Services Configuration page, to navigate to the location to which you copied your certificate files, click Install.
- In the Open dialog box, navigate to the location where you placed your certificate files.
- Select a certificate file and click OK.
The Choose Private Key dialog box is displayed.
- Select a private key and click OK.
After installation, your certificate is displayed in the Security Services Configuration page under Site Certificate.
- To add the CA certificate for your server certificate, click Add.
Certificate authorities contained in the CA certificate are displayed under Trusted Certificate Authorities.
- Click Save.