Set the Authentication Type for Accessing the MCS Console
Setting the authentication type specifies the credentials that users must supply to access the MCS console and store data such as host access configurations and presentations on the MCS server, and access data stored on MCS.
This authentication is specifically for MCS; MCS-compatible products may provide alternative methods for accessing authentication settings for their product-specific purposes.
|To set the authentication type for accessing MCS
- In the MCS left pane, point to Services and then click Security.
- Under Security, click Authentication.
- In the Authentication page, select MCS in the list of Authentication nodes.
- Under Authentication Settings, select Define Settings for This Node.
- Under Authentication Type, select the desired level authentication for accessing the MCS console.
For a description of the authentication types or other options on this page, click Help in the upper right corner of the MCS window.
- To use hardware authentication, click Gather Hardware.
To use hardware authentication, users' computers must be registered under Hardware Management.
- Click Save to activate your settings.