Removing a Server from a Cluster
Use the following procedure to manually remove a server from an MCS server cluster.
|To manually remove a server from an MCS server cluster
- In the MCS selection panel, point to MCS Functions and then click Server Management.
The Server Management tree appears.
- Click Cluster Management.
The Cluster Management property pages appear in the MCS management panel.
- Click the Remove Server tab.
The Remove Server page appears.
- In the Cluster Name list, select the name of the cluster to which the server belongs.
If you only have one server cluster, the default cluster name (MCS Cluster) is listed.
When you click the cluster name, the servers that belong to that cluster appear in the Server name list.
- In the Server name list, click the name of the server that you want to remove from the selected cluster.
The selected server name appears in the Remove server field.
- Click Remove to remove the server from the selected cluster.
If there is only one server in the cluster, then the cluster will also be deleted (except in the case of the default cluster, MCS Cluster). If you delete the primary server from the cluster, the secondary server with the highest priority will be promoted to primary. (See Overview of MCS Server Clustering for a discussion of the primary server's role in a cluster.)
For details on this property page, click Help in the upper-right corner of the page.