Configure Email Support in FileXpress Gateway Administrator
FileXpress supports a number of optional email notification services. These include:
- Account creation email for new users
- Password reset email
- Transfer site access notifications
- Notifications sent to site managers and/or site members when files are uploaded or downloaded
To support these services, you need to configure access to an email server and configure the server address that will be used in URL links included in email messages.
To configure the email server connection
- Log on to Gateway Administrator using the default admin account (or any account that has the System setup role enabled).
- Go to System > Email Server.
- Set Email service to Enabled. This step is required to make the remaining items editable.
- For SMTP server, enter your email server name or IP address.
- Configure additional options appropriate for your mail server. For details, see Email Server Tab.
- If Check server identity is selected (recommended), click Retrieve Certificate.
- Click Test Connection. (This tests the current on-screen settings. These settings are not saved until you click Save.)
- Click Save.
To test an outgoing message using your email server settings
- Click the Email Templates tab. The Account Creation template is displayed by default.
- Below the template text, click Preview to expand this portion of the page.
- Enter your email address in the To box.
- Click Send Test Email. You should receive a sample Account Creation email.
Emails sent to FileXpress users include a URL that they can use to initiate a password reset or connect to the FileXpress Transfer Client. By default, these links use "localhost" as the server name. To enable Gateway Administrator to create links that connect correctly to the Transfer Server, you need to change this default by editing the Gateway Administrator properties file, as described in the next procedure.
To configure the base server URL used in email message links
- Open the Gateway Administrator container.properties in a text editor. The default location of this file is:
- Locate the following lines:
# Public facing base URL of Transfer Server (for example https://attachmate.com:9492)
- Replace localhost with the host address of your FileXpress Transfer Server. For example:
- Save the edited properties file.
- Restart the Attachmate FileXpress Gateway Administrator service. A restart is required after any changes to the properties file.