Add Users from an LDAP Server
Use the LDAP Servers tab to add users to FileXpress Gateway who have accounts in Windows Active Directory. You can use this approach to provide transfer site access to Windows domain users who are working remotely. Authentication and group membership are managed on the LDAP server. Each time the user logs in, current information is retrieved from the LDAP server.
To configure LDAP servers, you must be a member of the Administrators group, or any group with System setup enabled.
To add users from an LDAP server
- Log on to Gateway Administrator using an account in the Administrators group (or any account that has the System setup role enabled).
- Go to System > LDAP Servers.
- Click New.
- Enter information for connecting to the server. For details, see LDAP Server Configuration.
- Note that the value for UserID must include the domain. For example:
- Click Test Connection to confirm that Gateway Administrator can access your LDAP server. This test verifies the connection, but does not save your settings.
- Click Save.
You can view users and groups that are brought in from an LDAP server, but cannot modify them. These users and groups must be managed on the LDAP server.
To view LDAP users and groups
- Click the Users or Groups tab.
- Use the LDAP server drop-down list to select your LDAP server. (If you don't see your server in the list, return to the LDAP configuration page and confirm that you saved your settings.)