Creating and Editing Groups
You can create and edit groups in the FileXpress directory. You cannot modify the groups in added LDAP servers; however, you can add users from an added LDAP server to your FileXpress groups.
There are two ways to change FileXpress group membership.
- Edit a group
You can add or delete members from any existing group. If you are creating a new group, you need to create the group first, then modify the members list as a separate step.
This option allows you to add members of the FileXpress directory and any added LDAP servers.
Required role: System setup
- Edit a user
You can modify the list of groups that a user is a member of.
This option is available only for members of the FileXpress directory.
Required roles: System setup and Manage FileXpress users
To add a new group
- On the Groups page, set LDAP Server to FileXpress.
- Click New.
- Enter a GroupID and Description.
- (Optional) Assign roles to this group.
- Click Save.
To edit a group's list of members
- On the Groups page, select a FileXpress group and click Edit.
- Click Add Members.
- Set LDAP Server to the directory from which you want to add users.
- Use Filter User to help you locate the user or users you want to add.
- Select one or more users and click Add. You can continue adding users in this way.
Note: Clicking Add saves the change to the group.
- When you're done adding users, click Done. This closes the Add Members page. You should see your added users in the members list.
To edit a user's group membership
- On the Users page, select a FileXpress user and click Edit.
- To add a user to a group, use the selection box. Added groups, and the roles the user inherits from these groups, are displayed under the selection box.
- To remove a user from a group, click the x in the box displaying the group name.
- Click Save.
FileXpress Gateway includes two default groups.
- The Administrators group enables members to perform all available actions. The roles in this group cannot be modified and you cannot delete this group.
- The Transfer Site Administrators group enables members to add new users and transfer sites. The roles in this group cannot be modified and you cannot delete this group.