Customize the EXTRA! Installation
EXTRA! is installed using the Microsoft Windows Installer Service (msiexec.exe) which uses customizable MSI files to define the installation. This means that you can optionally modify the installation using the Attachmate Custom Installation Wizard to deploy the features and settings that your corporate environment requires.
Use the Attachmate Custom Installation Wizard to do any of the following:
- Add or remove features, such as macro encryption
- Include session and settings files
- Automate user input
- Specify a language
- Disable Productivity settings
- Enable usage metering
- Enable ID management
You can save your changes to a new MSI file or to the existing MSI file. If EXTRA! is installed from the command-line, a transform file (MST) is also created:
msiexec -i new.msi TRANSFORMS=filename.mst /qb
If you use a tool other than the Custom Installation Wizard to transform your EXTRA! MSI files, see Properties in the EXTRA! MSI File.
To customize an MSI file
- From the Tools folder on the product DVD or in the eDelivery files, double-click CustomInstallationWizard.exe.
- Type a path or browse to an MSI file and then click Next. The default MSI file (used for most installs) is located in /Extra!/ATMEE9x.MSI.
- Specify whether you're creating a new MST file or using an existing one, specify the filename, and then click Next. The MST file holds all customized changes to the MSI file, including additional files and file information, and is applied to the MSI file during the installation.
- Use the next several screens to customize the installation:
- To customize the user data folder (screen 5), select a directory option or select User Defined Directory and type the path.
- To customize features (screen 6), click the hard drive icon next to the feature name or feature group name.
- To enable ID management or metering (screen 7), do the following:
where idm is typically case sensitive, but server_name is not. If you use the default ports (80 for http and 443 for https), the colon and port number are not required. Ask your system administrator to provide you with the URL for the ID Management Server.
- Under Obtain ID using, select only those attributes required by the server. If you select Pool name, enter the name of the ID pool.
- To include files in the installation (screen 10), click Add and provide the file information (such as host type, language). Then, select the file you just added and click Add to Image to manually add it to the installation image.
- To include macro encryption (screen 12), select Encrypt macros. For details, see Encrypt Macros.
- To specify productivity defaults (screen 14), select the features you want to enable. To apply these settings to existing settings, select Set Defaults for Migrated Sessions. Otherwise, migrated sessions will start with all productivity features enabled.
- Specify a new filename to save the MSI file you want to retain the filename, save it to a different directory.