Administer Features using Windows Group Policy
System administrators can add and remove features to specified user groups after EXTRA! X-treme is installed by using Windows Group Policy. For example, you can implement the following features:
- Microsoft Office Productivity features
- FIPS 140-2 security setting
- Metering and licensing of the product
To use Windows Group Policy, you must first install the administrative template file included with EXTRA! X-treme.
To install the administrative template file
- Copy the file EXTRA!.adm from the adm\<language> folder on the DVD or installation image to the \%systemroot%\inf folder (for example, C:\Windows\inf\).
- Add the file EXTRA!.adm to your Windows Group Policy editor.
- From a command line, run Gpedit.msc.
- Expand the Computer Configuration tree, right-click Administrative Templates and select Add/Remove Templates.
- In the Add/Remove Templates dialog box, click Add and browse to the \%systemroot%\inf folder (for example, “C:\Windows\inf”).
- Select the file EXTRA!.adm and click Open.
- Close the Add/Remove Templates dialog box.
- In the tree, expand Administrative Templates > Attachmate > EXTRA! X-treme.