Connect to an Asynchronous Host via SSH
Use the following procedure to configure Secure Shell connections using the upgraded security protocols.
To configure a new session
- Create a new display (or printer) session.
- For the connection type, select SSH.
- On the General tab, for Host, enter the host name.
- For SSH configuration scheme, if you change the Reflection SSH configuration (step 6), EXTRA! creates an SSH configuration scheme, which appears in this box as the name of the specified host (unless you enter a different name). If you don't change the Reflection SSH configuration, no scheme is created (or required).
- For User ID, enter the appropriate name if you do not want to be prompted for a user ID when connecting.
- If you want to change your Reflection SSH configuration, click Advanced, and in the Reflection Secure Shell Settings dialog box, select the options you want.
- (Optional) If you use a digital certificate for authentication, click the User Keys tab, and specify the client certificate.
- Click OK to close the Reflection Secure Shell Settings dialog box.
Your changes are saved as the SSH configuration scheme and are in stored in an SSH configuration file.
- Specify the remaining options to complete the configuration.
Note: To change the security settings, in an open session, choose Options > Settings, and on the left, click Connection.