Connect using Pass Through Mode
Use this procedure to create EXTRA! emulation sessions that connect to a Reflection Security Proxy configured as a Pass Through proxy. In Pass Through mode, the Security Proxy doesn't perform any SSL handshake, client/server authentication or encryption. If SSL is used in this mode, the SSL session is created between the client and destination host and encrypted data simply passes through the Security Proxy.
To configure a session
- In a web browser, start Reflection Security Gateway by setting the URL to:
where server and port are replaced with the Reflection Management server address.
- Log on to the server as administrator and select Administrative WebStation.
- From the navigation pane, click Session Manager.
- Click Add to open the Add New Session page.
- From the Windows-Based list, select EXTRA!, type a descriptive session name. This name is sent to the emulator and is included in the session profile.
- Click Continue.
- Specify the directory on the user's workstation where settings files will be stored and whether these files will overwrite existing user files.
- Click Launch.
EXTRA! opens in Administrative WebStation mode.
- Follow the prompts in the New Session wizard to configure the session. Make sure to leave the default option Reflection Security Proxy selected as the type of connection.
- On the Reflection Security tab, from the Proxy server address menu, specify a Reflection Security Proxy Server.
A description of the selected Reflection Security Proxy Server appears below the fields. The destination host is pre-configured in the Host address and Host port.
- Click Next and continue through the wizard to complete the configuration.
- When you click Finish, the session opens in EXTRA!.
After the session successfully connects, you can further customize the session in EXTRA!.
- After you save the session, you can make it available to specific users.
The session file is then saved to the Reflection Management Server.
Note: To establish an SSL-secured connection between EXTRA! and the destination host using the Security Proxy in Pass Through mode, you may need to deselect Host name must match certificate or, preferably, add the Security Proxy as the Subject Alternative name in the host server certificate.