Connect to an Asynchronous Host via SSL/TLS
Use the following procedure to configure SSL or TLS connections using the upgraded security protocols.
Note: To secure your connections with SSL or TLS, your system must include an SSL/TLS host (server or servers).
To configure the session
- Create a new display (or printer) session.
- For the connection type, specify Telnet.
- On the General tab, specify the host name and port.
- On the Security tab, for Type of Security, choose the appropriate Attachmate SSL or TLS option.
- To ensure that the server certificate is valid, select Verify server identity. EXTRA! will check that the server certificate was signed by a trusted certificate authority and the host name in the certificate matches the host to which you are trying to connect.
If the SSL/TLS server requires client authentication, EXTRA! will automatically retrieve the certificate used for proving client identity, provided it is installed in the user's Personal certificate store in Windows.
- Specify the remaining options to complete the configuration.
- To change the security settings, in an open session, choose Options > Settings, and on the left, click Connection.