Enabling Client Trace
To help resolve connection problems, you can configure a client to capture its communications with the host. The client creates a separate trace file for each host session. Attachmate Technical Support uses the information generated by the trace to help diagnose and resolve problems.
|To turn client trace on or off
- In the MCS Selection panel, point to Products and then click Terminal Viewers.
The Terminal Viewers tree appears.
- In the Terminal Viewers tree, choose a host type.
The configuration types you can configure for the selected host type appear.
- If necessary, click next to a configuration type to further expand the list of configuration types.
- Select a configuration type.
The Configuration List page appears.
- From the Configuration List page, select a configuration and then click Properties.
- From the Properties page, select Trace and then click Configure.
The Trace Properties page appears.
- Select Enable Trace, complete the trace settings, then click OK.
Clear Enable Trace, and then click OK.
For information about completing the trace settings, see Configuring a Client Trace.
- On the Properties page click Save.