Setting Permissions for Configurations
Terminal Viewers allows you to set permissions for client users or groups to allow them to modify and save changes to configuration properties (such as display and keyboard remapper settings). By default, users do not have permission to change any configuration properties.
|To grant permissions to modify configuration properties
- In the MCS left pane, point to Products and then click Terminal Viewers.
- In the Terminal Viewers tree, choose a host type.
The configuration types you can configure for the selected host type appear.
- If necessary, click next to a configuration type to further expand the list of configuration types.
- Select a configuration type.
The Configuration List page appears.
- Click Permissions.
The Permissions page appears, listing the types of permissions available to be assigned for the selected configuration type (for example, permissions to edit Connection, Display, File Transfer, and Keyboard properties).
- From the Permissions list, select the type of configuration property group for which you want to assign permissions, and then click Configure.
- From the Directory list, select the user or group to whom you want to grant permissions, and then click Add.
From the Assigned list, select the user or group whose permissions you want to remove, and then click Remove.
- Click Save to save the permissions settings and return to the Permissions page.