Enabling Licensing and Metering
To use the licensing and metering functions of Management & Control Services (MCS) with the viewers, you must first install the license certificate. To do this, you'll need the product CD, since these files are not installed with Terminal Viewers.
|To install the license certificate
- Run MCS.
This procedure assumes that you've already configured MCS. See the Setting Up Centralized Management topic for details.
- In the MCS left pane, point to Services and then click Licensing.
- In the MCS left pane, under Licensing, click Configure Licensing.
The Configure Licensing property pages appear in the MCS right pane.
- Click Certificates, and then click Add.
- Using the Open dialog box, locate the appropriate license certificate on the CD, and then click Open.
|For these viewers
||Use this file
3270 Express Terminal
5250 Express Terminal
VT Express Terminal
- When prompted, enter a description for the certificate and click OK, and then click OK to close the Certificate Install message box.
The certificate is added to the certificate list. In addition, a Metering node and Terminal Viewers sub-node are added to the MCS Licensing tree. These nodes allow you to access metering information for the viewers and printer applets.