Creating a Keystroke Action
You can create a complex action that combines a series of keystrokes, map this to a single key on your keyboard, and save some time the next time you need to do this action. Use the Keystrokes Action page to create or modify keystroke actions by adding or editing the information that describes what the action does and by adding or changing which keys to send for the action.
||You will not be allowed to edit keystrokes reserved by the operating system. You can, however, replicate a keystroke action and edit that. To return to the Keyboard Remapper from the Keystrokes Action page, click Keyboard, the top level item in the Actions Tree.
|To create a keystroke action
- In the MCS Selection panel, point to Products and then click Terminal Viewers.
- In the Terminal Viewers tree, choose a host type.
The configuration types you can configure for the selected host type appear.
- If necessary, click next to a configuration type to further expand the list of configuration types.
- Select a configuration type.
The Configuration List page appears.
- Select a configuration from the list, then click the Properties button in the lower right corner of the window.
The Properties of Configuration name page appears, showing the categories of properties that can be configured.
- From the Select Property to Configure list, select Keyboard, and then click the Configure button.
The Keyboard Remapper appears.
- From the Actions tree, right-click Keystrokes and then select New.
- Type a name for the new keystroke, then press Enter.
- On the Keystrokes Action page, type the information for the new keystroke:
||Briefly describe what the action will do.
|Keys to Send
||Type the keys you want to send, or click Insert Special Key to select from a list of available keys.
The Keys to Send field also supports Unicode and Windows Code Page values:
- If you are using Internet Explorer, enter a character by pressing Alt+Unicode value.
- If you are using Netscape Navigator, enter a character by pressing Alt+Windows Code Page value.
For example, to enter the Euro currency symbol if you are using Internet Explorer, press Alt+8364. To enter the Euro currency symbol if you are using Netscape Navigator, press Alt+0128. For a complete list of Unicode values, visit the Unicode Technical Committee's Web site.
- Click OK.