Creating a Custom Host Code Page
Using the Host Code Page Editor, you can create custom Host Code pages based on existing Host Code pages.
|To create a custom host code page
- In the MCS Selection panel, select Products and then select Terminal Viewers.
The Terminal Viewers tree appears.
- From the Terminal Viewers tree, select IBM Mainframe Configuration.
- From the IBM Mainframe Configuration sub-list, select Host Code Page Editor.
A list of available host code page tables will appear on the right. The list shows the default tables as well as any custom tables you have created.
From the list of tables, you can create a new custom table by selecting a default table and clicking Copy (this is the only option for the default tables). You can Rename, Edit, Delete, and Activate/Deactivate the custom tables you have created.
|Sort the list of translation tables
||Click one of the column headers. For example, click Default Table to sort by this column.
|Create a new custom table
||Select a default table or an existing custom table from the list of Translation Tables, and click Copy. You will be prompted to provide a name for the table and a description for the custom table.
|Rename a custom table
||Select a custom table and click Rename. You can revise the name and description of the table.
|Edit a custom table
||Select the custom table you want to modify and click Edit. This opens the Host Code Page Editor, which lets you change individual code points and ranges of code points.
|Delete a custom table
||Select the custom table you want to remove and click Delete.
|Activate or de-activate a table
||Select a custom table and click the Activate/Deactivate button. Only active tables can be assigned to user configurations. When you deactivate a code table, any presentations that were associated with this table will now be associated with the default table used to create this custom table.
- Once you have created a custom code page, you can assign that code page to a 3270 terminal, printer, or file transfer session. You can either create a new configuration or modify an existing configuration.
|For this type of session
||From the Miscellaneous section of the Display Properties' Mainframe page, select the custom code page.
||From the Code Pages section of the Printer Properties' Translation page, select the custom code page.
||From the Code Pages section of the File Transfer Properties' Advanced page, select the custom code page.
- Once you have created the configuration, your end users will be able to use the customize code page.