Assigning Users to a Session
In MCS, you can assign users to session configurations, and when those users start EXTRA! on their computers and log on to MCS, the assigned configuration file will be downloaded to their computers. If they have a local file of the same name, and they have changed it, the version stored on MCS will overwrite it.
|To assign users to a session
- Run MCS.
This procedure assumes that you've already configured MCS. For details, see the Setting Up Centralized Management section.
- In the MCS left pane, point to Products and then click EXTRA! X-treme.
The EXTRA! X-treme tree appears in the MCS left pane, and the list of published configuration packages and files appears in the MCS right pane.
- Do one of the following:
|To assign users to
|Configuration files or packages
||The Configuration Manager opens by default. Click to select the session configuration to which you want to assign users.
||From the EXTRA! X-treme tree, choose Distribution Manager, then click to select the distribution to which you want to assign users.
- Choose the Assign Users button.
This button is located in the row of buttons along the bottom of the window. The Permissions dialog box appears showing the users and groups (if any) already assigned to the configuration or distribution.
- From the Permissions dialog box, choose the Add button.
The Add Users/Groups/Virtual Groups/Organizations dialog box appears showing the users and groups available from the configured directory service.
- From the Directory list, click the user or group that you want to assign to this session, and then click Add.
The name of the user or group remains in the Directory list, and also appears in the Selected Users and Groups field.
- Click OK to close the Add Users/Groups/Virtual Groups/Organizations dialog box.
- Click OK to close the Permissions dialog box.