Scheduling Events with NiteApps
NiteApps automatically starts an application or executes a batch command file on your personal computer at the time and day you specify. NiteApps operates whether or not EXTRA! is running. Consequently, you can use NiteApps to start personal computer applications independent of your work on the host.
For NiteApps to run a program or batch command file, the NiteApps application must be loaded and in Run mode. To ensure that your scheduled programs run daily, you can create a Windows shortcut to NiteApps and then place this shortcut in your Windows Startup directory. This will cause the NiteApps program to load in the Run mode each time you start your personal computer.
|To load NiteApps
- From the Start menu, choose EXTRA! X-treme and select NiteApps.
- From the NiteApps File menu, choose Open.
- From the Open dialog box, select the NiteApps configuration file (.NAP) that contains the list of programs you want to execute and click Open.
The existing events are displayed in the Events dialog box.
- Choose Run to start the NiteApps file.
The first time you start NiteApps the Events dialog box is empty. You can begin scheduling events by choosing the Add button. If you have previously created a NiteApps file, NiteApps displays a list of scheduled events for the last NiteApp created. To create a new NiteApps file, select New from the File menu and click the Add button. The Schedule Event dialog box opens.
||For detailed information on the Schedule Event dialog box, select the Help option on the NiteApps dialog box and choose the Help Topics option.
|To schedule an event
- On the NiteApps dialog box, click Edit to edit an existing NiteApps file or Add to create a new NiteApps file.
- Enter the event name.
- Enter the full path and filename of the program file or batch file you want NiteApps to start, or select the filename by using the Browse function. Include any necessary command parameters. If the parameter is a data filename, include its path as well as its filename.
- If the event occurs on a continual basis, select Recurring Event.
If you select Hourly, be sure to choose the proper timing.
- When you are finished scheduling events, click OK.
- To save the NiteApps file, select Save or Save As from the File menu and assign a filename to the file.