Publishing Installations and Patches
With Distribution Publisher, you can upload EXTRA! X-treme installer (.MSI) files, including patch (.MSP) and transform (.MST) files, to the MCS server.
|To publish installations, patches, or executables
- Using a computer where you have installed EXTRA! X-treme MCS Administrator's Edition, from the Attachmate EXTRA! X-treme program group in the Windows Start menu, choose Distribution Publisher.
- If you are asked to log on to the EXTRA! Centralized Management Server, do so.
The Distribution Publisher window opens.
- If necessary, use the Browse button to locate the directory containing the files you want to publish to MCS.
The Installer Files list displays all installer files and executable files found in the selected directory.
- From the Installer Files list, select the files you want to transfer, and click the Add button.
- (Optional) To make the files installable for users without administrator privileges on their computers, select the Sign Files Before Publishing check box.
This allows users who do not have administrator privileges to install the files, provided the Attachmate Installer Service is present.
||Selecting Sign Files Before Publishing increases the time it takes to upload the files to MCS.
- Click the Publish button.
The selected files are published to MCS and become available for adding to new distributions in the Distribution Manager in MCS.
- When you are finished uploading files to MCS, click Close to quit the Distribution Publisher.