Assigning Permissions to a License Certificate
After you install a license certificate for a particular client application, you can assign permissions to use that certificate. You can grant permissions to all client usersby assigning Anonymous accessor you can grant permissions to specific users or groups.
|To assign permissions to use a license certificate
- In the MCS left pane, point to Services and then click Licensing.
- In the Licensing tree, click Permissions.
||If the Permissions node does not appear on the Licensing tree, this indicates that no client license certificates have been installed. See Installing a License Certificate for instructions.
The Licensing Permissions page appears in the MCS right pane.
For details on any of the options on this property page, click Help in the upper-right corner of the page.
- From the License Name list, select the license certificate to which you want to assign permissions.
- From the Authentication Type list, select the type of authentication you want to use to control access to the selected client license. Authentication types include:
- AnonymousNo user name or password is required; any client user can access the license certificate.
- User nameNo password is required; however, the client user name must be assigned to the license certificate.
- User name/passwordBoth the client user name and password are required to access the license certificate.
If you want to use User Name or User Name/Password, you must have set up your directory service in MCS. If you select User Name or User Name/Password, the user directory appears in the Directory list.
- From the Directory list, select one or more users or groups, and then click Add>> to assign those users to the selected client license. (To select multiple items, hold down the CTRL key as you click each item.)
To remove users or groups from the selected license, select one or more users or groups from the Assigned list and then click Remove<<.
- Click Save to activate your settings.