Upgrading MCS and Management Components
If you are upgrading MCS and management components in a Windows environment, you do not need to uninstall your existing version; however, in UNIX environments, you must uninstall any existing version before installing a new version. You can restore a previously existing Terminal Viewers installation through the MCS package installer.
Regardless of your environment, you should always back up an existing installation before upgrading.
|To upgrade MCS with an existing Terminal Viewers installation on UNIX
- Under ../mcs/WEB-INF/data, back up the following directories.
- Stop the application server and the MCS agent.
To stop the Attachmate HTTP engine, run shutdown.sh, located in the /opt/Attachmate/HTTPengine/bin directory.
To stop the MCS agent, type the following:
kill `cat /opt/Attachmate/EAI/Common/mcs/mcsserviceagent.pid`
- Rename the opt/Attachmate directory. This preserves the previous installation.
- Install your new version.
- Copy the XML install descriptors and JAR files for Terminal Viewers from your backup location to the ../mcs/installscripts directory on the primary server in your cluster.
For a list of these files, see Installing a Package.
- Use the package installer through the MCS console to reinstall Terminal Viewers.
The order in which you install the components is very important. For more information, see Installing a Package.
- Stop the application server.
- Restore your backed up data.
- Restart the application server.